Data loss prevention is a crucial way of keeping your business data safe from hackers. It also helps keep it safe from a loss when your network or cloud storage system crashes. There are many different services available for data loss protection, each of which has its advantage and disadvantages.
That’s why we’ve compiled the best data loss prevention software options on the market today. They are listed in no particular order. Make sure to carefully understand the features of each piece of software, as well the pros and cons, to ensure you buy the right product for your needs.
1: Trustwave Data Loss Prevention
Trustwave is a high-end solution for data loss. The manufacturer designed it for full network use. As a result, it is a little more expensive than some other programs. However, it can be used to analyze your data use, monitor potential loss threats, and prevent them from occurring. It is a robust system that is being integrated by a wide number of large business these days.
You will pay a $10,000 fee for every network covered. That coverage spread includes any device that shares data on the network.
- Contains over 70 different policy and risk settings.
- Has easy-to-use dashboard.
- Provides powerful data backup solutions.
- This data loss prevention program has a steep price which may turn off many users.
- It is adaptable only with desktop computers.
Where to Purchase
Trustwave sells subscriptions to businesses on their website.
2: Symantec Data Loss Prevention
Symantec is one of the most respected and admired of all data protection companies. Their data loss prevention software is among the most popular and well-respected on the market today. It lets you protect multiple data points, allows you to see how it is used, and protects it from both hacking and total loss. It also includes endpoint discover, endpoint protection, network monitoring, and much more.
Symantec’s data loss protection costs $89.99 per year for up to five devices. For more protection, you’ll have to pay for another subscription.
- It has a relatively low price compared to other products of this type.
- This program has a wide adaptability with over 60 different popular cloud apps.
- The company provides a computer tune-up service for just $9.99.
- It is not suitable for higher-end companies.
- The system cannot protect an entire network.
Where to Purchase
One can purchase a subscription directly from Symantec.
3: Check Point Data Loss Prevention
Check Point focuses on providing network-wide coverage for heavy-duty businesses. As a result, it has a variety of simple systems that are designed to protect your data. For example, it has a simple central management console that lets you adjust a broad range of items. This program has several different features that make it stand out, especially its user-friendly interface.
Check Point costs $10,000 to use for an entire network. This coverage includes all desktop devices attached to the network.
- The program’s easy-to-use interface makes it simple to understand and integrate.
- Its free trial makes it easier to make an informed decision before purchasing.
- Provides remediation on lost data when it occurs.
- Simplicity may be a turn off for some users.
- The program is not compatible with cloud software.
Where to Buy
If you’re interested, you can purchase a license to use Check Point.
4: McAfee Total Protection for Data Loss Prevention
McAfee is a major player in the data protection field. Its data loss prevention software is known as one of the most sophisticated systems on the market. You can implement it to prioritize particular types of data use and avoid serious data loss problems. This data loss prevention program also uses location and application tagging to make it easier to identify safe and unsafe areas.
Users pay $85.99 for a yearly subscription to this service. This subscription is typically updated automatically every year.
- It is heavily adaptable to various business needs.
- It has an inexpensive subscription rate.
- The program offers an integrated system that automatically explores a method of data loss.
- May be too complex for some users.
- Can be a resource hog when installed.
Where to Buy
Those interested can purchase a McAfee data loss prevention subscription on the company’s website.
5: CA Technologies DLP
This data prevention tool is designed to carefully examine data, classify it based on your policies and guidelines, and protect it from getting hacked or lost. It also lets you monitor a variety of systems using CA Data Protection for Endpoints. This system allows you to monitor email, social media, printing items, and copying files. It provides a comprehensive and innovative platform for your data loss prevention.
Due to its comprehensive services, CA Technologies DLP costs $20,000 per serve to purchase. That purchase price includes all the desktop devices attached to the network.
- This is the most comprehensive protection package on the market.
- CA Technologies IAM suite creates user-based protection.
- CA Data Protection keeps data in transit safe from loss.
- This product’s price is much higher than others on this list.
- Its system complexity can be baffling at times.
Where to Buy
You can buy a subscription to CA Data Protection on their website.
As you can see, there are many benefits of data loss prevention software. That’s why you should consider investing in one of these programs. They are adaptable to a wide range of needs and can provide you with comprehensive coverage for your data loss prevention. The costs may vary wildly, but most businesses should be able to afford one of these products.
So, take a careful look at this list and choose a product that you like. While there are other systems available for your needs, we promise that these are among your best choices. Let us know if you have used one of the programs presented above.