In a recent posting on the continuitycentral.com website, an announcement was made stating:
“Continuity Central and its sister publication, the Business Continuity Journal, have jointly launched a competition which aims to discover the best new business continuity articles and papers.
Authors of any status, whether established business continuity professionals, academics, students, or journalists, are invited to submit articles and papers written within the last twelve months. These will be judged by David Honour, editor of both Continuity Central and the Business Continuity Journal, and by a judging committee drawn from the Business Continuity Journal’s editorial review panel.
The winning entry will be rewarded with a £500 ($US 800) prize and the best entries will be published in either Continuity Central or the Business Continuity Journal, as appropriate.
Entries must meet the following criteria:
– They must have been written between 1st January 2009 and the closing date of January 15th 2010;
– Copyright must be owned by the person submitting the entry;
– Entries must be previously unpublished in any commercial publication;
– Entries can be between 500 and 5,000 words long;
– Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org an attachment in any Word processing format. PDFs or PowerPoint formats will not be accepted.
– The subject matter of any entry can relate to any of the following topics: business continuity, disaster recovery, resiliency management, enterprise risk management, operational risk management or IT continuity.
– Multiple entries from individual authors will be accepted.
– Entries must be written in English.”
Please pass this announcement along to members of your organization’s business continuity planning teams.
If you need more information or want to know how to have your groups or members submit an entry to the contest ….CLICK HERE.